.Invisible Children Internship.

Go Intern: Writer / Photographer
Timeline: September – December 2008
Full Time / Unpaid

Operational Tasks/ Responsibilities:
For the photography portion, this internship will entail documenting the daily progress of the Schools for Schools Program, as well as taking portraits of Invisible Children’s beneficiaries in the Education and Bracelet Programs. The writing portion of this internship will include composing creative and informative updates on IC’s progress and programs on the ground, as well as general updates on life in Uganda.

Qualifications:
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Completed high school degree
· Strong belief in the mission and core values of Invisible Children Inc
· Strong background in writing and photography
· Possess high level of flexibility and patience in order to adapt to living and working in a different culture
· Solid understanding of the conflict in northern Uganda, and desire to learn about Acholi culture

Required Skills:
· Adaptable
· Self-starter with strong initiative
· Proven ability to work both individually and as a team player
· Exhibit a high degree of personal integrity


..... Just throwing this out there..... Random story, but yesterday I had one of my last finals in my Photography Program and Bruce (one of my classmates) asked me what I really want to do with my photography, and I blankely stated, "I don't know. I really love people, and I really love traveling and I really want to do good things for the world. I want to change the world, and maybe someday I'd love to do some documentary work in Africa with Invisible Children or (red) . More than anything, I'd love to do something to truly use my gifts for the betterment of other people." Then, last night, I checked the Invisible Children website and this *see above* was posted for this fall. An intern position is available for photojournalism. How cool is that?? I don't like to jump to conclusions or get all spiritual, but I don't believe it was just a "coincidence", I believe everything happens for a reason and God gives you passions in places for amazing reasons as well. Ever since I was a little girl, I have had a heart for Africa. I have never been before, but I have always wanted to GO and DO GOOD things FOR OTHER PEOPLE. This is what life is about. Effecting other people with the love and compassion of Chirst. Truly delving deep into their world and changing it from the inside out. Shoot.... I'm gonna start preaching now. I think I'd really like to do this. Just pray for me if you get a chance. I think this would be an amazing way to grow personally, spiritually and emotionally for the other Nations and other people out there.

Comments

amancay said…
Awe-Some!

I WILL be praying...

Popular Posts