.Patience.

I feel that if there is just one thing that we need as humans, it is love. And through love, we also receive friendship, companionship, trust, growth and confidence. I feel like when you are looking to receive these things, they will always come up missing, but if you wait, and allow fate to happen they will all fall into place at just the right moment.

It's kind of like a maple tree in a way. During the Fall, maple trees lose their leaves. To me, maple leaves are the most beautiful colored leaves of the Fall. Painted with yellow and gold, orange and ember red. I love it when the wind whips through the streets where maples grow and the leaves blow and twirl in the wind painting fire lined streets of color on the pavement.

Sometimes in life, we get impatient and try to shake our maple trees to collect the beautiful colored leaves before they have turned into gold. This is a very important lesson I have learned. You cannot plan out your life and know exactly when certain events or "leaves" are going to fall. All you can do is trust, and know that there is a bigger plan for your life out there and everything is going to happen in due time. I get so impatient sometimes and have tried, on several occasions to shake my maple tree in the Spring rather than wait with trust and patience that I will have beautiful golden leaves come Fall.

My current leaf of gold that has fallen into my life is my new Fiance Shawn. I would have never guessed that two years ago when we started dating that life would take us through so many ups and downs in such a short time. Growing with him and knowing that we can get through anything together has made us both realize whole heartedly that we are soul mates and are going to be together for the rest of our lives. Shawn is the strongest, most patient and kind hearted person I've ever known, I trust him with my whole heart and everything I am. I am so glad I didn't try to shake my maple tree for this one in the Spring, because the colors of the Fall are so much sweeter with the wait. I am so much more than excited to share the rest of my life with him and maybe even dance and twirl down some maple lined streets as well...

xxoo,
Sarah

Comments

Diane Hurst said…
Like your metaphor, Sarah--

Congratulations on your engagement!

Our maple tree (we have one in our front yard) is turning gold and we have a whole lot of raking coming up . . .

Popular Posts